The Finance Ministry Arun jaitley has given permission to Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh to issue the bonds as part of the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).The Ministry of Finance and the RBI are working out the mode of these bond issues
- Total of 15 states joining UDAY, 90 per cent of over Rs 4 lakh crore debt of discoms will be covered under the scheme.
- some states which are not able to join UDAY because their utilities don’t have separate account for generation, transmission and distribution.
- Tamil Nadu is one of those states which have a single utility which is into generation, transmission and distribution.
- Who is Union power minister of India?
- How many state get permission to issue bond as part of the ujwal DISCOM ASSURANCE YOJANA (UDAY)?