The 15th Finance Commission headed by Chairman, N.K. Singh held a detailed meeting with the Governor and Deputy Governors of RBI in Mumbai. Key issues raised by RBI Governor, Shaktikanta Das and Finance Commission Chairman, N.K. Singh were discussed in detail at the meeting.
These issues included the following:–
- The necessity of setting up State Finance Commissions for respective State Governments.
- Public Sector Borrowing Requirements.
- Continuity of the Finance Commission.
- Need for Expenditure Codes, especially given that expenditure norms vary from state to state.
- Role of States in Growth and Inflation, for instance, role of states in Ease of doing Business.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)