The first Nepal-India Think Tank Summit has begun in Kathmandu to foster greater collaboration and knowledge-sharing among the think tanks of the two countries. The summit is being jointly organized by the Asian Institute of Diplomacy and International Affairs and Nehru Memorial Museum Library.
Former Prime Minister of Nepal and Co-chairman of ruling Communist Party of Nepal, Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda inaugurated the summit. The main objective of the summit is to strengthen bilateral relations between India and Nepal through multi-faceted collaboration among think-tanks in both the countries.
4 Sessions-4 Themes:
- 1st session- Building innovative cooperation between Indo-Nepal think tanks,
- 2nd session- Bolstering bilateral economic ties for the shared prosperity,
- 3rd session- Managing security dilemma,
- 4th session- Redefining Nepal-India relations in 21st century.
Source- AIR World Service
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO/Clerk Exam 2018-
- Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli is the current Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Bidhya Devi Bhandari is the current President of Nepal and commander in chief of Nepalese Army.
- The Nepalese Rupee is the currency of Nepal.