The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017 to Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson “for developing cryo-electron microscopy for the high-resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution”.
1. Jacques Dubochet is from University of Lausanne, Switzerland
2. Joachim Frank is from Columbia University, New York, USA
3. Richard Henderson is from MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
- The 2017 Nobel medicine prize went to three Americans- Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young.
- The 2017 Nobel Physics Prize has been awarded to Rainer Weiss, Barry C. Barish and Kip S. Thorne for the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory.