- NMCG has approved 26 projects worth Rs 2,154.28 crore under the Centre’s ‘Namami Gange’ programme.
- This amount will be spent in the states of UP, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Delhi.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG) was registered as a society on 12th August 2011 under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
- National Ganga Council under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
- Empowered Task Force (ETF) on river Ganga under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Uma Bharti is the cabinet minister for water resources, river development and Ganga rejuvenation.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Hindustan Times