The 4 prominent diplomats have been honoured with ‘The Diwali – Power of One’ award 2019 in recognition and celebration of their work, especially at the United Nations, for a secure and peaceful world.
The diplomats who were honoured are:
- Former foreign minister and Permanent Representative of Kazakhstan to UN: Kairat Abdrakhmanov.
- Former Permanent Representative of Cyprus to UN: Nicholas Emiliou.
- Former Chef de Cabinet to President of 72nd Session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA) and Permanent Representative of Slovakia to UN: Frantisek Ruzicka.
- Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the UN: Volodymyr Yelchenko.
The awards which have now come to be known as ‘Oscars of Diplomacy’ were established by Diwali Foundation USA, Inc in 2017. The awards seek to promote a peaceful and consensus-based process to achieve societal good, as befitting high hopes and ideals of humanity enshrined in the UN Charter.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS SO 2019:
- Diwali Foundation USA Chairman: Ranju Batra.
Source: The Business Standard