The 47th All India Police Science Congress (AIPSC) begins in Lucknow. The event will be inaugurated by Puducherry Lieutenant Governor and retired IPS officer Kiran Bedi. Uttar Pradesh Police in association with the Home Ministry and the Bureau of Police Research and Development is organising the event at the police headquarters in Lucknow. The last time Lucknow was the host for AIPSC was in 1997. During 6 sessions of the event, police officers, academicians, researchers, judicial and scientific experts will present their papers.
Subjects selected for the congress include:
- Reforms in Policing: Challenges at field level and required measures.
- Forensic sciences: Resources up-gradation and effective use in the investigation.
- Safety of women and children – fresh initiatives and dividends.
- Role of social media in countering radicalisation and terrorism.
- Inculcating right kind of attitudes in police officers – training and beyond and use of CCTNS (Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems).
- Interoperable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) in the advancement of criminal justice.
Source: The News on AIR