Fisheries and the aquatic ecology research team from the zoology department of Rajiv Gandhi University (RGU) have discovered 5 species of fish from various districts of the Arunachal pradesh.
The 5 newly discovered species of fish are:
- Mystus prabini (discovered in Sinkin and the Dibang rivers in Lower Dibang Valley district)
- Exostoma kottelati (discovered in the Ranga river in Lower Subansiri district)
- Creteuchiloglanis tawangensis (discovered in the Tawangchu river in Tawang district)
- Garra ranganensis (discovered in the Ranga river)
- Physoschistura harkishorei (discovered in the Dibang and the Lohit rivers in Lower Dibang Valley district).
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Main 2019:
- Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh: Pema Khandu.
- Governor of Arunachal Pradesh: B. D. Mishra.
Source: The Times of India