Over 100 crore people, including 93% of the adult population, now have an Aadhaar number.As per the Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, “Aadhaar crossing the 100-crore mark is indeed a momentous occasion will give boost to government’s initiative of bringing a systematic change in the way services, subsidies and benefits will be directly delivered to the deserving masses.” The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had generated 100 crore Aadhaar numbers in five-and half years since the first Aadhaar was issued in 2010.
Key points of AAdhaar Cards :
1. Aadhaar given to 100 Cr. residents.
2. 93% Adults have Aadhaar cards.
3. 25.48 Cr. bank accounts linkeds to Aadhaar.
4. 11.39 Cr Ration cards linked to AAdhaar.
5. 5.9 Cr. Aadhaar seeded in MGNREGS database.
6. Aadhaar powering Digital India – Digi Locker, eSign,etc
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Aadhaar letter received via India Post and e-Aadhaar downloaded from UIDAI website are equally valid.
Unique Identification Authority of India:
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a central government agency of India. Its objective is to collect the biometric and demographic data of residents, store them in a centralised database, and issue a 12-digit unique identity number called Aadhaar to each resident. It is considered the world’s largest national identification number project
- The direct benefit transfer scheme for LPG cylinders led to savings worth Rs. 14,672 crore
- On the financial impact of Aadhaar on various social sector schemes, he said the direct benefit transfer for LPG (DBTL) scheme led to savings worth Rs 14,672 crore for the government, while under the public distribution system, the estimated savings are to the tune of Rs 2,346 crore across 4 states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry and Delhi.
- Minister for Communication and IT – Ravi Shankar Prasad
So lets do:
- Who is the Minister for Communication and IT ?
- Recently Aadhaar enrollments hits how much?
Source – The Hindu