Ace fashion designer Ritu Beri has been appointed as the advisor for Khadi promotion. she will do her best to make Khadi “a global fabric to reckon” with. “Honoured to be advisor Khadi and Village Industries Commission,”
The Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises is implementing several schemes for the holistic development and promotion of khadi. These include strengthening of infrastructure of existing weak Khadi Institutions and assistance for marketing infrastructure provides for renovation of khadi sales outlets.
The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament (No.61 of 1956, as amended by act no.12 of 1987 and Act No.10 of 2006). In April 1957, it took over the work of former All India Khadi and Village Industries Board.The KVIC is charged with the planning, promotion, organisation and implementation of programmes for the development of khadi and other village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.
- 5% of the free on board (FOB) value or Rs 10 lakh, whichever is less, is provided as incentive for KVI units which undertake direct exports.
- In addition, KVIC encourages Khadi and Village Industries to participate in international trade fairs by subsiding 75 per cent of the airfare and 50 per cent of stall rent to augment export of their products.
- union Minister of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises: Giriraj Singh
- Cabinet minister: Kalraj Mishra
So lets do:
- Who is the Minister of State for Ministry of Textiles Of India?
- Khadi promotion appointed to which famous fashion designer?
- Who is the union Minister of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
Source – The Hindu