Marking its formal entry into defence, Adani Group’s unit Aero Defence Systems & Technologies Ltd has signed a so-called statement of intent with Elbit-ISTAR of Israel and Indian company Alpha Design Technologies Pvt Ltd to work together in the field of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
Adani Aero Defence Systems & Technologies Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Ltd, with interests in design, technology development, technical collaboration and system integration services for aerospace and defence equipment and systems. Under the agreement, the companies plan to set up a final assembly and integration line, including MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) facilities by incorporating true transfer of technology for supporting the product range during its lifecycle.
- The country is now importing 60% of its defence requirements, while local defence production is at the heart of the Make In India programme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared in 2015, a year after he launched his government’s flagship campaign.
- Bharat Forge Ltd, Reliance Industries Ltd, the Tata group, Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T), the Godrej Group and the Mahindra Group are fairly well entrenched in the business.
- unmanned aircraft systems (UAS)
- Sudipta Bhattacharya is the CEO of Adani Group
So lets do:
- Adani ties up with _________ for unmanned aircraft systems.
- Who is the CEO of Adani Group’s?
Source – The Hindu `