Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani was recently in India for visit. During a day-long visit, he reviewed and positively assessed the progress of the multi-faceted bilateral strategic partnership.
Important Highlights of the Bilateral Meeting Held in New Delhi
1. Both leaders (Narendra Modi and Ashraf Ghani) expressed determination to strengthen connectivity, including through Chabahar port and Air-Freight Corridor.
2. Expressed satisfaction at the increase in bilateral trade that has crossed the one billion dollar mark.
3. Mr Modi reiterated India’s support to an Afghan-led, Afghan-owned and Afghan-controlled peace and reconciliation process.
4. Mr Modi also raised concern over abducted Indian nationals in Afghanistan with Mr Ghani during their meeting.
5. The Afghan President has assured that efforts are being made to ensure the safe release of the Indian nationals.
Source- AIR World Service
Static/Current Takeaways Important for IBPS PO Exam 2018-
- Afghanistan Capital: Kabul, Currency: Afghan afghani.