Agni-I ballistic missile with nuclear capability was successfully test-fired by India. The sophisticated nuclear weapon was used for trial purpose on Abdul Kalam island off the coast of Odisha.
The nuclear missile has the capability of striking targets at a distance of 700 kilometres. The weapon has already been adopted by the Indian Army for defence purpose. According to defence experts, it would be prove to be one of the handy assets for New Delhi in case of military encounter.
This trial conducted at Abdul Kalam island was highly successful. The ballistic weapon is also equipped with a navigation system. The strength of the missile is its accuracy, speed and capability of destruction.
- Agni-I is a medium-range ballistic missile developed by DRDO of India under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program.
- This missile struck the target at 700 km distance in 9 minutes and 36 seconds. The ballistic weapon is also equipped with a navigation system.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
So lets do:
- Who is the chairman of DRDO?
- Where is the DRDO headquater?
Source – Economic Times