Union Agriculture and farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh laid the Foundation stone of Haryana State University of Horticultural Sciences at Karnal, Haryana. Establishment of first Horticulture University in Haryana will fulfill the long pending need of the people of the State.
A full fledged horticultural university will cater the needs to support the gap between teaching, research and extension activities in the state and will establish the convergence and synergy to disseminate latest technology and horticulture education to our young generation, besides identifying strategies for further development.
Centre shall provide financial assistance of Rs 200 crore for setting up of this University and the first installment of Rs 50 crore would be released to the state this month. Horticulture University will be built on 118 acres to disseminate latest technology and horticulture education to the young generation. It will help in improving productivity levels by promoting adaptation of appropriate crop diversification to suit the agro climatic conditions of the region. It will also act as a skill development centre in order to cater the larger demand for skilled (trained) manpower in the production, post-harvest and processing industries
- Haryana is focusing on horticultural crops and has planned to increase the total area to 9 lakh hectare with production to 27 million tonnes in the next decade.
- Presently horticulture crops are grown in 4.5 lakh hectare, while production is around 2.51 million tonnes.
- Union Agriculture Minister – Radha Mohan Singh
- Haryana Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haryana Governor – Kaptan Singh Solanki
So lets do:
1. Who is Union Agriculture and farmers Welfare Minister ?
2. Recently which state laid the Foundation stone of Haryana first State University of Horticultural Sciences?
3. Who is the Governor of Haryana ?
Source – Business-Standard