Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh launched six new features in the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) platform to make it more user-friendly. The six new features of e-NAM platform includes-
1. MIS dashboard for better analysis,
2. BHIM payment facility by traders,
3. Mobile payment facility by traders,
4. Enhanced features on mobile app such as gate entry and payment through mobile,
5. Integration of farmer’s database, and
6. e-Learning module.
e-NAM was launched in 2016 with the objective of providing competitive and remunerative price to farmers for their products through online competent bidding process. Currently, 479 mandis across 14 states and 01 union territory are covered under it.
Source- The Economic Times