Airtel Buys Aircel’s 4G Spectrum in 8 Circles For Rs 3,500 crore

Bharti Airtel announced the acquisition of 20 MHz spectrum in eight circles from Aircel for Rs 3,500 crore. Bharti will acquire spectrum or radiowaves in 2,300 MHz band in Tamil Nadu, Bihar, West Bengal, Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, North East, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.

Aircel had won the spectrum in a government auction and is entitled to hold it till September 20, 2030. After this acquisition, Bharti Airtel will become a pan-India 4G operator. The transfer of right to use for the circles of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha is subject to the revision of spectrum caps with the upcoming auction to be conducted by Department of Telecommunications (DoT).

Abot bharti airtel:

Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 4 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 307 million customers across its operations at the end of November 2014.
Bharti Airtel Gopal Vittal

Bharti Airtel in recent news:

Extra info:
1. Aircel is an Indian mobile network operator headquartered in Chennai, which offers voice and 2G, 3G and 4G data services. Maxis Communications holds a 74% stake and Sindya Securities and Investments holds the remaining 26%.  It is the fifth largest mobile service provider in India with a subscriber base of 83.05 million subscribers as of June 2015.
2. Minister of Communications and Information Technology – Ravi Shankar Prasad.

So lets do:
1. Who is the CEO of Bharti Airtel?
2. Who is the Minister of Communications and Information Technology?
3. Airtel buys Aircel’s 4G spectrum in eight circles for how much amount?
4. Expand the Dot ?

Source – The Hindu


Download success!

Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *