The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has decided to award the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine jointly to the American trio of Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young for their discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling the circadian rhythm. All three winners are from the US.
It is the 108th time the prize has been awarded and was announced at the Nobel Forum at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. The winners will share a prize of 9m Swedish kronor (£825,000), and each receives a medal engraved with their name.
Must Important Takeaways from the Above News:
- Jeffrey C. Hall was born 1945 in New York, USA. He received his doctoral degree in 1971 at the University of Washington in Seattle and was a postdoctoral fellow at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena from 1971 to 1973.
- Michael Rosbash was born in 1944 in Kansas City, USA. He received his doctoral degree in 1970 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.
- Michael W. Young was born in 1949 in Miami, USA. He received his doctoral degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1975.
Announcements Coming Up of Nobel Prize 2017:
- Physics: Tuesday 3 October, 11:45 a.m. at the earliest
- Chemistry: Wednesday 4 October, 11:45 a.m. at the earliest
- Peace: Friday 6 October, 11:00 a.m.
- Prize in Economic Sciences: Monday 9 October, 11:45 a.m. at the earliest
- Literature: The date will be set later
Keep with us for more Updates about Nobel Prize 2017………
Source- Nobel Prize official Website