Hinduja Group’s Ashok Leyland Defence Systems Ltd (ALDS) has tied up with US-based defence contractor Lockheed Martin Corp. to develop combat vehicles for the Indian Army.
The base platforms of Lockheed combat vehicles will be used to develop light specialist and light armoured multipurpose vehicles for the Indian Army. Ashok Leyland would serve as the prime contractor and provide “cost effective” manufacturing hub for global requirements of the vehicles. As a licensed manufacturer of CVNG, the association with Lockheed Martin opens up a huge opportunity towards exports of vehicle platform as a Made in India product.
Hinduja Brothers in recent:
India-born brothers G P Hinduja and S P Hinduja topped the ‘Asian Rich List 2016’ released here last night and the annual rankings showed that they had added one billion pounds to their personal fortune in a year to be worth an estimated 16.5 billion pounds.
The ‘Asian Rich List’ assesses the total wealth of Britain’s top 101 richest Asians and is compiled by UK-based publishing house Asian Media and Market. The Asian Rich List assesses the total wealth of Britain’s top 101 richest Asians and is compiled by UK-based publishing house Asian Media and Market.
Make in India:
Make in India is an initiative lauched by the Government of India to encourage multi-national, as well as national companies to manufacture their products in India. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 September 2014. India would emerge, after initiation of the programme in 2015, as the top destination globally for foreign direct investment, surpassing the United States of America as well as China
- With the Indian armed forces looking to modernize their armoured vehicle fleet, there could be more opportunities ahead.
- “A combination of their (Lockheed Martin) technical expertise and our proven vehicle platforms will enable us to offer versatile solutions to armed forces across segments,” said Nitin Seth, president, light combat vehicles and defence, Ashok Leyland.
So lets do:
- which indian brother topped in the asian richest list fourth consecutive year?
- Where is the Headquater of Hinduja Group?
- Ashok Leyland Partner to which US Firm To Develop Defence Systems?
- Who is the Defence minister of India?
Source – The Economic Times