American magazine Forbes has released 2016 “Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen” list featuring business women from 14 countries. According to list, 8 Indian women have made their mark in the list of 50 women leaders which is topped by Reliance Foundation Chairperson Nita Ambani and Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chairman of State Bank of India who ranked second. 6 other Indian business women have also been included in the list.
List of the Indian businesswomen in forbes list
Rank __ Name ___________________ Company_______________
1. Nita Ambani Reliance Foundation Chairperson
2. Arundhati Bhattacharya Chairperson of State Bank of India
14. Mu Sigma CEO Ambiga Dhiraj
16. Dipali Goenka CEO Welspun India
18. Vinita Gupta CEO Lupin
22. Chanda Kochhar ICICI Bank Managing Director
26. Vandana Luthra VLCC Health Care Founder
28. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw Biocon Founder
About Nita Ambani:
Nita Ambani is an Indian businesswoman, educationist, philanthropist and a sports enthusiast. She is married to industrialist Mukesh Ambani. For over two decades, she has played a pivotal role in Reliance’s CSR initiatives and has made a significant contribution to India’s social sector development. She has inspired and led the implementation of many path-breaking initiatives in Rural Transformation, Health, Education, Sports for Development, Disaster Response, Arts, Culture & Heritage and Urban Renewal.
She is a founder & chairperson of Reliance Foundation, Dhirubhai Ambani International School and Football Sports Development Limited. She is the inspiring architect of the Mumbai Indians team, which won the Champions League T20 in 2011 and 2013 and the Indian Premier League in 2013 and 2015.
Nita Ambani has started many initiatives for the welfare of the society and month back, she was conferred with Maharashtrian Youth Icon Award 2016 by Lokmat. She is the inspiring architect of the Mumbai Indians team, which won the Champions League T20 in 2011 and 2013 and the Indian Premier League in 2013 and 2015.
So let’s do:
1. Who is the Chairperson of Reliance Foundation?
2. 50 most powerful businesswoman list is published by which American magazine?
3. Who is the Chairperson of State Bank of India?
Source – The Hindu