Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank in association with Kochi Metro Rail Corporation (KMRL) has launched KMRL Axis Bank ‘Kochi1’ Card, India’s first open loop EMV contactless metro card that would make travel a convenient and hassle free experience for commuters in Kochi.
Axis Bank has partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in developing this transit EMV contactless specification on interoperable open standards. The prepaid card has integrated benefits and offers a plethora of services to commuters such as:
1. The shopping experience at merchant outlets: No hassle of carrying multiple cards.
2. Instant issuance of Personalized Cards.
3. Convenience of recharge: The commuter can easily top up the card through cash or debit or credit card.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
- Shikha Sharma is the MD and CEO Axis Bank.
- Shri Rajiv Gauba is the Chairman of KMRL.
Source- The Hindu