State-run power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited has commissioned a 40-mw unit of a hydro power plant in West Bengal.
“Just a month after the commissioning of the first 40-mw hydro electric generating unit at the Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in West Bengal, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has successfully commissioned the second unit of the same rating at the project,” A run-of-the-river project located in Darjeeling district of West Bengal, Teesta HEP is being set up by National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC), on the River Teesta, it said. The remaining two units of the project are also in the advanced stage of execution. In West Bengal, BHEL is also executing the 3×40 mw Rammam Stage-III hydro-electric project of NTPC.
BHEL in recent news:
- The estimated annual energy generation of 720 million units from the project will result in significant reduction of green-house gas emissions and help in achieving a low carbon development path.
- The estimated annual energy generation of 720 million units from the project is expected to reduce green-house gas emissions and will help in achieving a low carbon development path for the state as well as the nation.
So lets do:
- BHEL is related to which segment?
- Who is the chairman of BHEL?
- BHEL commissions 40 MW hydropower plant in ________.
Source – The Hindu