The NDRF has the biggest ever relief and rescue operation in flood-affected Kerala. A total of 58 teams have been deputed to work in the state out of which 55 are working on the ground. This is the highest ever deployment of NDRF in a single state since its raising in 2006. The NDRF has evacuated more than 10,000 people from rain and flood-battered areas.
After the review, PM Modi announced a financial assistance of Rs 500 crore to the State. This is in addition to Rs. 100 Cr. announced by the Home Minister. PM also announced ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakh per person to the next kin of the deceased and Rs. 50,000 to those seriously injured from PM’s National Relief Funds.
Important Announcement made are:
- Assistance of Rs 500 cr in addition to Rs 100 Cr announced by HM,
- Centre to provide relief materials including food-grains, medicines,
- Ex-gratia: Rs. 2 lakh/person to next kin of deceased from PMNRF,
- Ex-gratia: Rs. 50,000 to those seriously injured from PMNRF,
- Insurance Companies assess & timely release compensation to affected families,
- Insurance Companies to ensure early clearance of claims under Fasal Bima Yojna,
- NHAI to repair main national highways damaged due to floods on priority,
- NTPC & PGCIL directed to restore power lines at the earliest,
- Houses under PM Awas Yojana-Gramin houses to villagers who lost kutcha houses,
- Assistance under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme,
- Assistance to farmers for replantation of damaged horticulture crops.
Finance Ministry has directed LIC & PSU Gen Insurance companies to settle all claims under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) on immediate basis to compensate the loss of lives.
Source- DD News