Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy has released the Bureau of Police Research and Development’s flagship publication “Data on Police Organizations” (DoPO 2018) in New Delhi. The Data on Police Organisation in India is an important compilation of information on police infrastructure, manpower and other resources from all States, Union Territories, CAPFs and CPOs.
Major highlights of the DoPO 2018:
- There has been an increase of 19,686 Police personnel in the sanctioned strength of the State Police and 16,051 in the strength of CAPFs
- There has been 20.95% increase in the strength of Woman Police which brings the total percentage of women in the Indian Police to 8.73%.
- The overall Police Population Ratio at the state level stood at 192.95 policemen per lakh population.
- Police Stations have increased from 15579 to 16422. This includes Cyber Police Stations whose number has risen from 84 to 120.
- Electronic surveillance has improved with addition of 2,10,278 CCTV Cameras.
Source: The Press Information Bureau