State Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti approved some major initiatives as a part of the Government’s response to the marginalized, disadvantaged and other sections of the society.
In a major welfare initiative, the Cabinet approved launch of Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme (MMSFES) to supplement the National Food Security Act (NFSA). Under this scheme, all those persons who are covered under the State’s public distribution system will get additional 5 kgs of ration per person in addition to 5 kgs of ration they are entitled to get under NFSA.
The additional quota of ration under the scheme would be provided to the consumers at the subsidized rate of Rs 13 per kg for Atta and Rs 15 per kg for Rice and the State Government will bear the financial burden of Rs 1497 crore per annum for the implementation of NFSA and MMSFES. The quantum of additional food grains would be 5 Kg per soul subject to a maximum ceiling of 35 Kg per family.
1. subsidized food grains to approximately two thirds of India’s 1.2 billion people. It was signed into law on 12 September 2013, retroactive to 5 July 2013.
2. Jammu and Kashmir governor – N.N. Vohra
3. Jammu And Kashmir Chief Minister – Mehbooba Mufti
So lets do:
1. Who is the Governor of Jammu And Kashmir?
2. Expand the MMSFES and NFSA?
3. ________govt announces Mufti Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme.
Source – The Hindu