The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in its meeting has approved several MoUs.
Some important cabinet approvals are as follows:
1. National Health Policy, 2017 approved by Cabinet Focus on Preventive and Promotive Health Care and Universal access to good quality health care services.
2. Cabinet apprised of MoUs for cooperation in Youth and Sports Matters with Indonesia and the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. MoU between India and Bangladesh on Aids to Navigation (AtoNs).
4. MoU between Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie and Namibia Institute of Public Administration and Management (NIPAM) of Namibia for capacity building.
5. Special assistance measure for Andhra Pradesh by way of special dispensation in funding of Externally Aided Projects (EAPs) and funding of irrigation component of Polavaram project.
6. 15 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) declared as Institutes of National Importance. Cabinet approves Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public- Private Partnership) Bill, 2017.
7. Cabinet approves revised MoU and Mode of Operation between India and Bangladesh for establishing Border Haats on India-Bangladesh Border.
8. Cabinet approves additional 2% Dearness Allowance / Dearness Relief due from January, 2017 .
9. Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the MoU between India and the United Arab Emirates in the field of providing Energy Efficiency Services.
10. MoU between India and the United Nations Entity of Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN-Women).
11. Cadre Review of Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group Á’ of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
12. Approval on the Definitive Agreement on Oil Storage and Management between Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserve Ltd (ISPRL) and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) of UAE.
13. Food Cash Credit to Punjab for food procurement operations – Resolution for the settlement of Legacy Accounts (upto crop season 2014-15).
14. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Renewable Energy between India and Portugal.
15. India’s accession to the Customs Convention on International Transport of Goods under cover of TIR Carnets (TIR Convention).
16. MoU between India and Portugal on cooperation in the field of IT&E.
Source- Press Information Bureau