Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA), led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for extension of time period of the Udaan Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir till 2019-20 from the earlier time period of 2015-16.
Udaan provides exposure to the youth of J&K to the best of corporate India and corporate India to the rich talent pool available in the State. So far, 67 leading corporates have partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under UDAAN with a commitment to train youth from the State covering Organized Retail, Banking, Financial Services, IT, ITES, Infrastructure, Hospitality etc. More than 19,000 candidates have been selected, more than 15,000 have joined training, out of them, 8700 candidates have completed training and 6,838 have been offered jobs. It is expected that the target of the Scheme, to train and enhance employability of 40,000 graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders, will be achieved by 2019-20.
Udaan, the Special Industry Initiative (SII) for J&K is funded by Ministry of Home Affairs and implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). The programme is a part of the overall initiative for addressing economic issues in J&K. While steps are being taken by the State and Central Government to revive economic activity in J&K, Udaan programme is a special initiative to address the needs of the educated unemployed in J&K. Udaan program is focused on youth of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) who are graduate, post graduate and three year diploma engineers. The aim is to provide skills and job opportunities to the youth.
Simultaneously, the aim is also to provide exposure to corporate India towards the rich talent pool available in J&K. The target was to reach out to 40,000 youth in J&K over a period of 5 years. It was observed that youth from J&K were unable to find employment in many companies as either they were unaware of the opportunity in the companies or the companies were unaware of the talent pool that existed in J&K. The principal focus of the Udaan programme is to create an ecosystem that would bridge this gap. The Udaan programme is designed to encourage corporates to travel to J&K meet with the youth and hire aspiring youth in J&K who wish to explore the opportunity to work with corporates. Udaan provides a framework of support to the youth to travel, undergo training in firms and transit to work.Udaan has two objectives :
- To provide exposure to the graduates and post graduates of Jammu and Kashmir to the best of corporate India and
- To provide corporate India with exposure to the rich talent pool available in the state
- Accelerate the pace of implementation, mega selection drives have been introduced, in which around 8-10 corporates participate in a drive. It has significantly improved the number of selections. 67 mega selection drives have been held so far covering all districts of the state.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA)
- Special Industry Initiative (SII)
- Governor of Jammu&Kashmir – N N Vohra
So lets do:
- Who is the Minister of Home Affairs of India?
- Who is the Governor Of Jammu&Kashmir?
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) comes Under which ministry?
- The UDAAN scheme for Jammu & Kashmir has been extended from 2015-16 to _____ .