The Central Board of Direct Taxes has announced the creation of a five-member special cell “Startup Cell” for startups. The “Startup Cell” will address the grievances of the startups with relation to angel tax and other tax-related issues. Startup entities can approach the cell for speedy resolution of their grievances. The ‘startup cell’ will be headed by the member (Income Tax and Computerisation) of the board.
Start-up Cell has been constituted by CBDT with the following ex-officio members:
- Member (Income Tax and Computerisation): Chairman
- Joint Secretary (tax policy and legislation-II): Member
- Commissioner of I-T (ITA): Member
- Director (ITA-I): Member Secretary
- Under Secretary(ITA-I): Member
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS RRB PO Mains:
- Chairman of CBDT: Pramod Chander Mody.
Source: The Live Mint