Information and Broadcasting Ministry has constituted a three-member panel, headed by former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) BB Tandon, to see that guidelines set for government advertisements by the Supreme Court are followed. Senior TV journalist Rajat Sharma and ad-man Piyush Pandey will be the other members of the committee.
Supreme Court in its order had issued Guidelines on Regulating Government Advertisements based on recommendations of Prof NR Madhava Menon Committee. In its order, SC had barred publication of photos of leaders in government advertisements except those of the President, Prime Minister and the Chief Justice of India.
The Supreme Court had reserved its verdict on the review pleas in which it was submitted that besides Prime Minister, pictures of central ministers, chief ministers and others state ministers be allowed to be carried in public advertisements.
1. Chief Election Commissioner – Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi
2. Minister of Information and Broadcasting – Arun Jaitley
So lets do:
1. Who is the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting minister?
2. Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of india?
3. Union Government constitutes ________ Committee to monitor Government Advertisements.