Union government is set to issue universal identity cards to the physically challenged with the objective of providing them easy access to various benefits being extended by the government.
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has decided to issue universal identification card for physically handicapped people. Some states do not accept cards of other states which leads to inconvenience. Thus, to shun this, the Centre has decided to issue universal cards,”
Government was progressing towards distribution of modern motorized wheelchairs with British financial assistance and was also taking up the manufacturing of tricycles with German technological backup. Besides, steps were taken to provide barrier–free access to all government buildings in 50 cities and towns in a phased manner.Centre to Issue Universal ID
The cochlear implantations costing Rs.6 lakh were being done free of cost with the help of donations that comes NGOs like Bhagwan Mahaveer ViklangSahayataSamiti were extending great support to the government.
1. The 2011 Census says the number of disabled, which was2.68 crore that had 1.5 crore males and 1.18 crore females.
2. According to the census2011, 20.3% of the disabled are movement disabled followed by hearing impaired (18.9%) and visually impaired (18.8%). Nearly 5.6% of the disabled population is mentally challenged, a classification introduced in the 2011 census.
3. Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment – Krishan Pal Gurjar
So lets do:
1. Who is the Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment?.
2. Which ministry has issued Universal ID-Cards for Differently-Abled People?