Five Indian women led by ICICI Bank chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) Chanda Kochhar and including Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra, have featured on the list of the world’s 100 most powerful women compiled by Forbes. The list was topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Kochhar was ranked 32, while HCL Corp. CEO Roshni Nadar Malhotra took the 57th position. Priyanka Chopra was at 97.
The Top 5 Women in the List are-
1. Chancellor of Germany- Angela Merkel,
2. UK Prime Minister- Theresa May,
3. Co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation- Melinda Gates,
4. Facebook chief operating officer (COO)- Sheryl Sandberg
5. General Motors CEO- Mary Barra.
Important Takeaways from Above News for IBPS PO Mains-
- Angela Merkel retained the top spot for the seventh consecutive year and 12 times in total.
- The 2017 ‘World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ identifies a “new generation of icons, game-changers and gate crashers who are boldly scaling new heights and transforming the world.