China has launched its first cyber security public organization aimed at better safeguarding national cyber security and guiding Internet companies in perform their duties
The Country’s first cyber security public organisation has been launched by China which consists of academic institutes, individuals and internet companies including Tencent and popular internet Security Company Qihu 360. The organization will focus on promoting self-discipline in the industry, accelerating the establishment of industry standards and cyber security studies and participating in international cooperation.
Computer security, also known as cybersecurity or IT security, is the protection of information systems from theft or damage to the hardware, the software, and to the information on them, as well as from disruption or misdirection of the services they provide. It includes controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come via network access, data and code injection, and due to malpractice by operators, whether intentional, accidental, or due to them being tricked into deviating from secure procedures
- During the launch, Wang Xiujun, deputy director of the China Administration of Cyberspace, the country’s Internet regulator, said that she hoped the association could emphasize on safeguarding the country’s internet security and building up China as an internet power, while attracting more cutting-edge cyber security enterprises and talent to enhance the industry’s authority.
- The organization will focus on promoting self-discipline in the industry, accelerating the establishment of industry standards and cyber security studies and participating in international cooperation.
- President of China – Xi Jinping
So lets do:
- Which country launche first cyber security organisation?
- Who is the President of China?