Here is the Complete list of Winners of Nobel Prize 2017-
|1.||Physiology or Medicine||for the discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling the circadian rhythm||Jeffrey C. Hall (USA), Michael Rosbash (USA) and Michael W. Young (USA)|
|2.||Physics||for decisive contributions to the LIGO detector and the observation of gravitational waves||Rainer Weiss (Germany), Barry C. Barish (USA) and Kip S. Thorne (USA)|
|3.||Chemistry||for developing cryo-electron microscopy for the high-resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution||Jacques Dubochet (Switzerland), Joachim Frank (Germany) and Richard Henderson (Scotland)|
|4.||Literature||in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with the world||Kazuo Ishiguro (Japan)|
for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons
|International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) (founded in Australia)|
|6.||Economic Sciences||for contributions to behavioural economics||Richard H. Thaler (USA)|
Here are some Static and Interesting Facts about the Nobel Prize-
The Nobel Prize in Physics-
- The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 111 Nobel Prizes in Physics have been awarded between 1901-2017.
- 2 women have been awarded the Physics Prize so far.
- 25 years was the age of the youngest Physics Laureate ever, Lawrence Bragg, when he was awarded the 1915 Physics Prize together with his father.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry-
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 109 Nobel Prizes in Chemistry have been awarded between 1901 and 2017.
- 4 women have been awarded the Chemistry Prize so far.
- 1 person, Frederick Sanger, has been awarded the Chemistry Prize twice, in 1958 and in 1980.
- 35 years was the age of the youngest Chemistry Laureate ever, Frédéric Joliot, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1935.
- 85 years was the age of the oldest Chemistry Laureate, John B. Fenn, when he was awarded the Chemistry Prize in 2002.
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine-
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine is awarded by the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 108 Nobel Prizes in Physiology or Medicine have been awarded between 1901 and 2017.
- 12 women have been awarded the Medicine Prize so far.
- 32 years was the age of the youngest Medicine Laureate ever, Frederick G. Banting, who was awarded the 1923 Medicine Prize for the discovery of insulin.
- 87 years was the age of the oldest Medicine Laureate ever, Peyton Rous, when he was awarded the Medicine Prize in 1966 for his discovery of tumour-inducing viruses.
The Nobel Prize in Literature-
- The Nobel Prize in Literature is awarded by the Swedish Academy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 110 Nobel Prizes in Literature have been awarded 1901-2017.
- 14 women have been awarded the Literature Prize so far.
- 41 years was the age of the youngest Literature Laureate ever, Rudyard Kipling, best known for The Jungle Book.
- 88 years was the age of the oldest Literature Laureate ever, Doris Lessing, when she was awarded the Prize in 2007.
The Nobel Peace Prize-
- The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded by a committee of five persons who are chosen by the Norwegian Storting (Parliament of Norway).
- 98 Nobel Peace Prizes have been awarded 1901-2017.
- 16 women have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize so far.
- 1 Peace Prize Laureate, Le Duc Tho, has declined the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Malala Yousafzai (17) is the youngest to win Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel-
- The Prize in Economic Sciences is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 49 Prizes in Economic Sciences have been awarded since 1969.
- 1 woman have been awarded the Prize in Economic Sciences so far, Elinor Ostrom, in 2009.
- 51 years was the age of the youngest Laureate in Economic Sciences ever, Kenneth J. Arrow, who was awarded in 1972.
- 90 years was Leonid Hurwicz when he was awarded the Prize – the oldest Laureate in Economic Sciences ever.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
Winners of 2016 Nobel Prize in respective fields are as follows-
- Physiology or Medicine- Yoshinori Ohsumi,
- Physics- J. Michael Kosterlitz, Duncan Haldane, David J. Thouless,
- Chemistry- Fraser Stoddart, Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Ben Feringa,
- Literature- Bob Dylan,
- Peace- Juan Manuel Santos,
- Economic Sciences- Oliver Hart, Bengt Holmstrom.