Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has beaten Lionel Messi and Neymar to win the Best FIFA Men’s Player award for the second year running. Ronaldo was presented the award at The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony in London, UK.
The award, which covers the period of November 2016 to July 2017, is voted by national team coaches, captains, selected media and fans.
Other Awards presented in the ceremony are as follows-
- Netherlands’ Lieke Martens won The Best FIFA Women’s Player award.
- Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud won the Puskas Award for the year’s best goal after his acrobatic scorpion kick.
- The Fair Play Award went to Slovacko’s Francis Kone, who saved the life of Martin Berkovec during a Czech First League game.
- Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane was named the Best FIFA Men’s Coach.
- Juventus’ Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was named the best goalkeeper of the year.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the Captain of Portugal.
- Gianni Infantino is the Chairman of FIFA.