From today onward, we will start providing you the daily GA Questions from this portal only. This will help you build a strong base for the current affairs. These questions are picked from the various news that has been posted on this platform. So keep practicing the questions and answers to this question will be provided tomorrow morning.
1. Name the state, which has decided to ban ‘electronic cigarette’ in view of studies claiming that its use can cause various health issues, including cancer and heart ailments?
2. What was the theme for the 2nd BRICS youth summit?
Answer. Youth as a bridge for Infra BRICKS exchanges
3. Industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has appointed new chairpersons for its Telangana and AP State Councils.
Answer. Devendra Surana -Telengana, M. Prabhakar Rao-AP
4. Name the bank which has signed the agreement with World Bank for US dollar 625 solar power project?
5. Who is the Country Director of World Bank to India?
6. Name the state, Which has set a benchmark for itself by becoming a fully solar-powered institution in the state?
7. Name the person whose 300th Martyrdom Anniversary has been attended by PM in New Delhi?
Answer. Baba Banda Singh Bahadur
8. Name the country, which has completed installation of world’ largest telescope named as ‘FAST’?
9. Expand the term FAST?
Answer. Five Hundred meter Aperture Spherical radio Telescope
10. Name the Indian badminton player (both single and double pair) who has won the Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton Tournament?
11. Name the badminton men’s double pair who have become the first Indian men’s double pair to qualified for the Rio games?
Answer. Manu Attri & B. Suneeth Reddy
12. Name the person,who has been appointed as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Earth Movers Ltd.?
13. Name the Country, Which has jumped 19 places in the latest World Bank ranking in the global logistics performance index?
Answer. India ( 35 from 54)
14. Who is the president of World Bank?
15. The global logistics performance index is published by which organisation?
Answer. World Bank
16. Which pilot project has been inaugurated by the President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi?
Answer. Smart Village Pilot Project
17. Name those villages which have been selected under the smart model village pilot?
Answer. Dhaila,Alipur, Harichandpur, & Taj Nagar from Gurgaon district & Rojka Meo from Mewat district of Haryana
18. Name the bank, which has Launched 3 new digital initiatives, Recently?
19. A two-day meeting of BRICS nations on energy efficiency and energy saving have started at which place?
Answer. Visakhapatnam – AP
20. Name the countries which are the member of BRICS group?
Answer. Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa
21. The two-day meet of the working group in India is hosted by which ministry?
22. Name the state, which has started an initiative for plantation of about 2 crores trees?
23. Name the company which has signed the subscription and shareholders agreement with SBI to set up payment bank joint venture?
Answer. Reliance Industries Ltd.
24. Which organization has given the approval to RIL & SBI to start a payment bank JV?
25. The World’s largest international maritime exercise RIMPAC 2016 has begun at which place recently?
Answer. Hawaii USA 26 countries 25 edition
26. What is the theme for the 2016 RIMPAC?
Answer. Capable, Adaptive,Partners