Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr. Jitendra Singh launched in Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya the first of its kind, weeklong Cancer Care campaign in Northeast under the supervision of North Eastern Council (NEC) – Pink Chain Cancer Conclave 2016.
The campaign is being attended by Cancer specialists from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and other parts of the country, and the weeklong programs will include public education camps, academic discussions by medical experts and visits to educational institutions. This initiative has been undertaken considering the fact that the North Eastern States are recording a much higher prevalence of Cancer compared to most other States of the country.
Minister also announced the similar campaigns will also be organized in the other seven States of North-Eastern Region and this initiative would also be to update the medical professionals of the region on the recent advances in Cancer treatment and control.
1. Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) – Dr. Jitendra Singh
2. Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER)
3. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
4. Meghalaya capital – Shillong
So let’s do:
1. Who is the Union Minister of Science and Technology?
2. Expand the terms DoNER and AIIMS?
Source – The Hindu