Dr. Najma Heptulla, the Union Minister for Minority Affairs launched innovative entrepreneurship and skill development programme of Maulana Azad National Academy for Skills (MANAS)– through leading national/ international experts in different skill sets in New Delhi.
She also inaugurated online two training centres of Beauty & Wellness Sector, one in Okhla and another in Daryaganj area. In Okhla Centre Sh. Jawed Habib known for impetus to revolutionize the art of Hair Styling in India will provide scientific and systematic training to the aspirants wishing to pursue a career in cosmetology.
National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC):
NSDC provides funding to build scalable, for-profit vocational training initiatives. Its mandate is also to enable support systems such as quality assurance, information systems and train the trainer academies either directly or through partnerships.
NSDC acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organisations that provide skill training. It will also develop appropriate models to enhance, support and coordinate private sector initiatives. The differentiated focus for the 21 sectors under NSDC’s purview and its understanding of their viability will make every sector attractive to private investment.
- Traditional Educational Institutions of Minorities like Madrasas/Maktabs and others, have been linked to Skill Development Programme of Ministry of Minority Affairs(MOMA) through Maulana Azad National Academy for Skills.
- Maulana Azad National academy for Skills (MANAS) was established under the aegis of Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) by National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) on 11th November, 2014, in order to fulfil the vision of “Skill India” and also achieve the over-riding goal of the Government of India “SabkaSaath – SabkaVikas”.
- Maulana Azad National academy for Skills (MANAS)
So lets do:
- Who is the Union Minister for Minority Affairs?
- Expand the MANAS?
- skill development programme of Maulana Azad National Academy for Skills (MANAS) comes under which Ministry?
Source – The Hindu