With a view to digitally empower the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) subscribers and improve the quality of service, the facility of online viewing of the statement of the transaction (e-SOT) and also the e- Permanent Retirement Account Number (e-PRAN card) have been launched.
More than 45 lacs APY subscribers will be benefitted with this initiative.
Must know points About the Scheme-
1. The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) was launched by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi on 09th May 2015
2. It became operational from 1st June 2015.
3. APY is available for all citizens of India in the age group of 18-40 years.
4. Under the APY, the subscribers would receive a minimum guaranteed pension of Rs. 1000 to Rs. 5000 per month from the age of 60 years, depending on their contributions, which depends on the age of the subscriber at the time of joining the APY.
Important Takeaways from above News for BOB PO Exam-
- e-SOT and e-PRAN card launched for Atal Pension Yojana subscribers
- Statement of the transaction is the full form of SOT
- Permanent Retirement Account Number is the full form of PRAN
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) was launched by the PM Modi on 09th May 2015.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)