Chief Electoral Officer Rajesh Lakhoni and Director of Public Policy (India, South and Central Asia), Facebook, Ankhi Das in a joint press conference announced the partnership. Lakhoni said this was part of the Commission’s ‘Tamil Nadu 100 per cent’ (100 per cent in registration, voting and honesty-ethical voting) initiative for the May 16 polls. The move comes after EC’s tie-up with Twitter last month to give a fillip to its #TN100percent campaign.
After joining hands with Twitter, Election Commission announced its partnership with Facebook to reach out to 31 per cent of the electorate in Tamil Nadu and achieve 100 per cent turnout. From May 15, Facebook users will see news feed reminders with informational links about their polling stations.
1. Tamil Nadu, a southeast Indian state, is famed for its Dravidian-style Hindu temples. In Madurai, Meenakshi Amman Temple has high gopurams (tower gateways) ornamented with colorful figures. Rameswaram temple, on Pamban Island, is a pilgrimage site, and Kanyakumari, at India’s southernmost tip, is the site of ritual sunrises. Chennai, the capital, is known for its beaches and landmarks including circa-1640 colonial Fort St. George
2. 15 million electors added to rolls in Tamil Nadu during the last five years, 14 million of them were in the age group of 18 to 29.
3. Chief Election Commissioner of india – Dr. Nasim Zaidi
4. Tamil Nadu Governor – K Rosaiah
So lets do:
1. Who is the CEO of Facebook?
2. Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of india?
3. Who is the Governor of Tamil Nadu?
Source – The Hindu