Energy Efficiency Services Ltd. has initiated a French agency funded project to retrofit 10 lakh conventional street lights with LED lights in Gram Panchayats of 7 districts in Andhra Pradesh. This is the first project for rural LED street lighting in the country under the Centre’s Street Lighting National Project (SLNP).
This replacement drive in rural areas will help the gram panchayats to cumulatively save approximately 147 million units of electricity annually, and lead to reduction of 12 crore tonnes of CO2. The entire capital cost of this project is being funded by French Development Agency, Agence Française de Développement (AFD). Under the project, EESL has agreed to carry out the entire annual maintenance and warranty replacement in these gram panchayats for a period of 10 years.
Static takeaways for IBPS PO Exam-
- Saurabh Kumar is the Managing Director, EESL
- Andhra Pradesh was the first state to seek assistance from EESL to replace conventional street lighting with LED lighting in Visakhapatnam.
- EESL is registered under the companies Act, 1956 in 2009 and the commencement of business certificate is obtained in 2010.
- E. S. L. Narasimhan is the governor of Andhra Pradesh
- N Chandrababu Naidu is the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Source- The Hindu Business Line