The Election Commission has announced the poll schedule for Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Telangana. While Chhattisgarh will have two-phase elections, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan and Telangana will have single phase election.
Chief Election Commissioner, OP Rawat stated the counting of votes in all states will take place on 11th of December. The Model Code of Conduct has come into force with immediate effect.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for IBPS PO Exam 2018-
- Chief Minister of Madhya pradesh- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Chief Minister of Telangana- Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
- Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh- Raman Singh
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan- Vasundhara Raje Scindia
- Chief Minister of Mizoram- Lal Thanhawla
- Sunil Arora is Election Commissioner of India.
- Ashok Lavasa is Election Commissioner of India.
- Om Prakash Rawat is Chief Election Commissioner of India.
- The Election Commission was established in accordance with the Constitution on 25th January 1950.
Source- The Indian Express