Previously in AWBI’s 55-year history, it was always chaired by somebody outside government, such as veterinarians, animal welfare activists or retired judges.
- Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) now be permanently chaired by a senior MoEF
- AWBI is a statutory advisory body on Animal Welfare Laws and promotes animal welfare in the country
- AWBI was established in 1962
- Full form of MoEF is Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change
- The board will be chaired by Sharad Singh Negi for the tenure of three years
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section