Well because off late we have noticed many exams covering GK questions uptill even 3-4 days before the exam. Why take a chance this time?
26. An Indian national Saroj Kumar Jha was in news as he was appointed as the Senior Director for the Fragility, Conflict and Violence Group at the World Bank on 1 February 2016.
27. The Himachal Pradesh Government in the first week of February 2016 decided to spend 15 crore rupees on Swachh Bharat Mission in tribal district of Kinnaur. The funds will be utilized on capacity building and organizing of workshops for awareness. Under the Mission, target has been also fixed to involve all the schools, government institutions and villages.
28. Tamil Nadu Cadre IPS officer Archana Ramasundram on 1 February 2016 was appointed as the Director General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) that guards India’s frontiers with Nepal and Bhutan.
29. Alphabet, the company that owns Google, has overtaken rival Apple in Monday’s extended trading to become the highest valued company in the world. Alphabet now comes before Apple atop the list of the world’s most valuable companies.
30. State Bank of India has launched its “SBI FlexiPay Home Loan” aimed at youngsters with a rising income. The loan allows takers the option of only paying the interest on the loan for the first years.
31. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive at Kozhikode early this afternoon to open the ‘vision conclave’ of the Global Ayurveda Fest. The ayurveda fest, being held from January 31 to February 4, is showcasing the ayurvedic tradition of healing, a major Kerala heritage, to the world. The show also aims to jack up export of ayurvedic products, especially to Europe.
32. S N Prasad has taken over as Director (Marketing), Coal India Ltd, from February 1. According to a CIL release, Prasad has succeeded B K Saxena, who has retired.
33. The National Pension System now has 1.15 crore subscribers, each with an average 95,000 of assets under management. “The total assets under management are worth Rs 1,09,140 crore while assets under management per subscriber is Rs. 95,000 on an average,” said the Finance Ministry on Tuesday, adding that the total corpus of the National Pension System (NPS) is Rs. 90, 327 crore.
34. India Under-19 opener Rishabh Pant had the fastest recorded U-19 international century comfortably in his sights when he was dismissed for 78 off 24 balls, having blown Nepal Under-19 away in a small chase.
35. The 30th edition of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela began at Surajkund in Faridabad, Haryana on 1 February 2016. The event that will continue till 15 February 2016 was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. Telangana was selected as the Theme State and will showcase its unique culture and rich heritage and about 300 artistes from the state will perform different folk arts.
36. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed two bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with United Kingdom. With this signing, CBDT has concluded three bilateral APAs the first one being a bilateral APA signed with Japan in December 2014.
37. India and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) entered into a partnership in January 2016 to explore the environment of Ladakh under NASA’s Spaceward Bound programme.
38. Senior IFS officer Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as India’s Ambassador to Mexico.
39. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was selected for the prestigious K Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2015. Kumar is chosen for the award for his contribution towards social justice as Chief Minister. The award is given away by Periyar International, a Chicago-based voluntary organization.
40. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey was appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of three years. Before joining the post of CCPD, Pandey was associated with Saksham, an NGO working in the field of disability.
41. Senior IPS officer Datta Padsalgikar was appointed as the Commissioner of Police of Mumbai. He succeeds Ahmed Javed, who was appointed as Ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
42. Three major Indian IT companies — Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services and Wipro — have joined US President Barack Obama’s ambitious ‘computer science for all’ initiative as part of a public-private collaboration, pledging thousands of dollars in grants.
43. Veteran wildlife filmmaker Naresh Bedi was honoured with the V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th edition of the Mumbai International Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films (MIFF 2016).
44. Former Army Chief General Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao passed away in New Delhi following a cardiac arrest. He was 92. He was the 14th Chief of the Army Staff of Indian Army.
45. Brazilian racing driver Pietro Fittipaldi clinched the 2015-16 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 at Madras Motor Racing Track in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
46. Anti-Leprosy Day was observed on 30 January 2016 nationwide to focus attention on the disease which is also known as the Hansen’s disease.
47. The book titled Nathuram Godse – The Story of an Assassin authored by Anup Ashok Sardesai was released. The book was released at the government-owned Ravindra Bhavan in Margao, Goa by BJP leader and the bhavan’s chairman Damodar Naik..
48. The International Swimming Federation (FINA) announced that the Japanese city of Fukuoka will host the 2021 World Aquatics Championships. On the other hand, the Qatari capital Doha will host the 2023 event.
49. Aditya Mehta won the 83rd Senior National Snooker Championship in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. To win the title, he defeated Manan Chandra 6-3 in the final that was held as part of the National Billiards & Snooker Championship 2016.
50. Ace Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth won the Men’s Singles title of the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships 2016. In the final played at Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium in Lucknow, Srikanth defeated China’s Huang Yuxiang, 21-13, 14-21, 21-14.