Well because off late we have noticed many exams covering GK questions uptill even 3-4 days before the exam. Why take a chance this time?
51. World Number One Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open Men’s Singles title. In the final played at Melbourne, the Serbian defeated Andy Murray of Britain in straight sets 6-1, 7-5, 7-6.
52. CAMS, the leading services solutions provider for fund houses, has launched Aadhaar-based eKYC (know your customer) using OTP (one-time password) authentication to make mutual fund (MF) account opening and transactions a paperless and presence less process through myCAMS at www.camsonline.com. CAMS, the transfer agency for most MFs, is also in the process of integrating the websites of AMCs (asset management companies) with eKYC module where it is the registrar.
53. Capital market regulator Sebi has set up a task force to review the risk management norms for national-level commodity bourses following the suspension of futures trading for castor seed on NCDEX.
54.Central government will spend Rs 1 lakh crore for development of road infrastructure in Karnataka. In addition to this, Rs 200 crore will be spent on developing four light houses in the state in PPP mode.
55. This summit is aimed at attracting long-term foreign investors into the infrastructure sector. Opening the two-day India Investment Summit 2016, the minister highlighted opportunities the country presents to investors and sought investment in sectors like road, highways, oil&gas, urban infrastructure and railways.
56. Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra) has signed a share purchase agreement with Birla Corporation, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd has agreed to sell its cement assets to Birla Corp. Ltd for Rs.4,800 crore. Birla Corporation will acquire the 100 per cent shareholding of RInfra in RCCPL.
58. In continuation with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s startup India mission, BSE Institute Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE Ltd, has launched a new accelerator for start-ups.This accelerator is set up by BSE Institute in collaboration with Ryerson Futures Inc (Toronto), the technical arm of Ryerson University from Ontario, Canada.
59. Manufacturers in Kerala should come out with more value-added products if they want to compete in the global market, Minister for Public Works VK Ebrahim Kunju has said.
60. Gurdeep Singh has taken charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC. Singh, who was earlier Managing Director of Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd.
61. Renowned dancer-choreographer and speaker Dr Ananda Shankar Jayant will address the high-profile India Conference at Harvard in USA this week. Ananda is a Sangeet Natak Akademi awardee and a motivational speaker with a popular talk at TED. She is a career Indian Railway Services Officer.
62. The Mangaluru-based MSNM Besant Institute of Postgraduate Management Studies will conduct a conference on ‘Make in India’ on February 5. Narayan K, Director of the institute, said the objective of the conference is to understand the ground realities of the ‘Make in India’ programme.
63. Batting great Rahul Dravid has been named in ICC’s newly appointed Anti-Corruption Oversight Group as part of the recommendation from its Integrity Working Party of the parent body.
64. Snapdeal has decided not to renew its contract with Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador.
65. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Rs. 10,000-crore petrochemical plant that will make raw material for manufacturing plastic and a wax making unit at Dibrugarh.
66. Jet Airways has suspended five crew members who were part of a chartered flight after aviation watchdog DGCA took serious note of an episode in which singer Sonu Nigam was allowed to belt out Bollywood numbers using the in-flight announcement system.
67. India’s ace Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan from Coimbatore will partner with Kamui Kobayashi at Team Le Mans for the 2016 Super Formula season in Japan this April.
68. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj left for Sri Lanka on a two-day visit during which she is expected to discuss the fishermen’s issue and rights of minority Tamils.
69. India with Russia has set up a working group to locally build components for nuclear power plants of that country’s design.
70. Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Birender Singh, said that the government would be pushing a Constitutional amendment, first cleared by the UPA Cabinet, to increase reservation for women in panchayats from 33 per cent to 50 percent.
71. Sardar Singh, the national captain of Indian Hockey team was in news as against whom a 21-year-old British woman filed an assault case.
72. Geneva-based World Health Organisation (WHO) has accorded PQP (Pre-qualification of Medicines Programme) certification to city-based GreenSignal Bio Pharma Pvt. Ltd. company which is a BCG vaccine-making firm.
73. Major General Jai Shanker Menon of the Indian Army appointed as the head of Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF).
74. Virender Sehwag, the Former India opener was appointed as the mentor of the Kings XI Punjab team for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL).
75. Israr Ali, the Former Pakistani cricketer, who was the country’s oldest living Test cricketer, passed away at the age of 88.