Just 2 days before your Syndicate exam, we thought of making your life much simpler, by bringing you the GK feed for the month of February.
Well because off late we have noticed many exams covering GK questions uptill even 3-4 days before the exam. Why take a chance this time?
So we bring to you A February Feed compilation of 75 news updates for the first 6 days of February in an exhaustive manner, with special focus on the Syndicate Exam . Time to brush it up quickly.
1. The government has appointed World Bank’s water and sanitation specialist, Mr. ParameshwaranIyer, as the new Secretary of the Drinking Water and Sanitation Department.
2. ArunaSethi, the Principal Adviser (Cost) took over charge as the head of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS). With this appointment, she became the first woman to occupy the post.
3. The term Cobra Gold was in news as India confirmed its participation in the annual amphibious military exercise in 2016. The decision in this regard was conveyed to Thailand, the host country, during Vice President Hamid Ansari’s visit to the country.
4. Former chief secretary of Gujarat DJ Pandian was appointed Vice-President and chief investment officer of the newly-created Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
5. Manipuri documentary film Phum-Shang bagged the prestigious Golden Conch Award for the best documentary film at the 14th Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Animation and Short Films (MIFF 2016). The film is directed by HaobamPaban Kumar, an alumnus of the Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, Kolkata.
6. Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani announced the establishment of DhirubhaiAmbani Centre for Innovation and Research in Aerospace at Whitefield in Bengaluru.
7. BSE and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) have partnered to develop a corporate governance scorecard. The scorecard seeks to help companies assay their corporate governance performances against national or international-benchmarked practices.
8. The government will infuse about Rs.5,000crore capital in the public sector undertaking (PSU) banks in the current fiscal to strengthen their balancesheet.
9. State Bank of India has tied up with Thomas Cook to offer online customers recurring deposits that help them save toward an `inflation proof’ holiday.
10. Mobile messaging app Whats App said it has crossed the one billion user milestone globally with the addition of 100 million users in last five months. “As of today, one billion people are using WhatsApp.
11. Sarangi maestro Pandit Ram Narayan has been chosen for the prestigious Bharat RatnaPanditBhimsen Joshi classical music award for 2015-2016, Maharashtras Cultural Affairs Minister VinodTawde announced on Wednesday.
12. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah today urged the global investor community at ‘Invest Karnataka 2016’ to consider Karnataka as their partner for growth.
13. Vice President Hamid Ansari reached Thailand on a three-day visit during which he will hold discussions on a range of issues with the country’s top leadership to boost bilateral ties.
14. S.S. Tarapore, former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and a noted economist, passed away in Mumbai on Tuesday. Tarapore had been in hospital in Mumbai for the last few days, and breathed his last on Tuesday morning. He was 80.
15. Indian film-maker KanuBehl directorial Titli on 1 February 2016 bagged the Best First Foreign Film Award conferred by the French Syndicate of Cinema Critics 2016 (FSCC).
16. Veteran Congress leader and former LokSabha Speaker BalramJakhar passed away in New Delhi on Wednesday. He was 92.
17. Major General Jai ShankerMenon of the Indian Army, a veteran of peacekeeping operations, has been appointed as the head of a key United Nations force stationed in Golan to maintain the ceasefire between Israeli and Syrian forces.
18. The Union Government appointed Jai Kumar Garg as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Corporation Bank for a period of three years. Garg took charge of the public sector bank succeeding S R Bansal, who superannuated from services as CMD on 31 January 2016.
19. India’s top multinational IT company Tata Consultancy Services has been rated as the world’s most powerful brand in Information Technology Services by a leading global brand valuation firm, the company said on Wednesday.
20. Billionaire Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Entertainment announced a joint venture with film-maker producer duo NeerajPandey and Shital Bhatia’s Friday Filworksfor production of movies. Akshay Kumar starrer ‘Rustom’ will be the first movie under the banner, Plan C Studios.
21. Haryana and the Province of Ontario in Canada signed anMoU aimed at enhancing commercial and cultural ties.
22. Chinese technology company ZTE has inked a pact with the Andhra Pradesh government to work on smart city projects in the state. As a company associated with a number of smart city projects, the diversified telecom and technology major ZTE plans to engage itself with the state and work on the upcoming smart city projects in Andhra Pradesh.
23. HL Samariya, a 1985 batch IAS officer from the Telangana cadre, has been given additional charge as Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC), for three months or till the appointment of a regular incumbent or till further orders, a release said.
24. The National School Athletics championship began on January 29 and concluded yesterday, i.e on February 2. Kerala emerged as the overall winner for the 19th consecutive time. The national School Athletics championship was held at Olympian Rahman Stadium in Kozhikode, Kerala.
25. World Health Organisation (WHO) on 1 February 2016 declared Public Health Emergency of International Concern over the explosive spread of the mosquito-borne Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects in the Americas.