The Department of Higher Education of HRD Ministry has finalized and released a five year vision plan named Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme.
The Expert Groups have set the following goals for higher education sector:
- Double the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education and resolve the geographically and socially skewed access to higher education institutions in India.
- Upgrade the quality of education to global standards.
- Position at least 50 Indian institutions among the top 1000 global universities.
- Introduce governance reforms in higher education for well-administered campuses.
- Accreditation of all institutions as an assurance of quality.
- Promote Research & Innovation ecosystems for positioning India in the Top-3 countries in the world in matters of knowledge creation.
- Double the employability of the students passing out of higher education.
- Harness education technology for expanding the reach and improving pedagogy.
- Promote India as a global study destination.
- Achieve a quantum increase in investment in higher education.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For ESIC/EPFO Mains:
- Union Minister of HRD Ministry of India: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank‘.
Source: The Press Information Bureau