Digital payments platform FreeCharge has partnered with Mexico-based chain of movie theatres, Cinepolis, that aims to provide its customers an easy to use and secure way of making payments. Cinepolis claims to be world’s fourth largest chain of movie theatre. FreeCharge is the first digital wallet partner for Cinepolis. This partnership will start in the second 2nd of March.
Customers can pay for movie tickets and food and beverages across 38 Cinepolis theatres in 28 Cities. Movie goers will be able to pay using their registered mobile numbers with FreeCharge at the existing card machine’s available at the payment counter. The transactions will get completed in a secure manner within 10 seconds using the dynamic ‘”On-The-Go-Pin”.
Mr. Govind Rajan, Chief Operating Officer, FreeCharge said, “India is one of the fastest growing markets for movie digital payments. Partnership with Cinepolis is a huge opportunity to build the habit of digital payments.
- FreeCharge was started in August, 2010 by Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon.
- FreeCharge.in is an e-commerce website headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Snapdeal acquired Freecharge what is being referred as the biggest take over in Indian e-commerce sector so far and the biggest Venture Capital exit in India to date.
So lets do:
- Who is the Chief Operating Officer of FreeCharge?
- Recently Freecharge aquired by which e-commerce company?
Source Economic times