The MoU between the Portuguese Environment Ministry and Goa Public Works Department (PWD) was signed. It will help Goa manage its water resources better.
The signing of the two-year long arrangement is a significant move to work in tandem to develop common initiatives for water supply and wastewater management in the state. The projects would include:
1. Opa water supply project in north Goa,
2. Sewage water treatment plant in Valpoi and
3. Manganese-removal efforts in Selaulim Reservoir.
Source- IB Times
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Indian Bank PO Exam 2018-
- Goa CM: Manohar Parrikar, Governor: Smt. Mridula Sinha.
- Portugal Capital: Lisbon, Currency: Euro.