The Centre has cleared four names recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium for elevation as judges of the apex court. The four appointed judges are
- Himachal Pradesh High Court: Chief Justice V. Ramasubramanian
- Punjab and Haryana High Court: Chief Justice Krishna Murari
- Rajasthan High Court: Chief Justice S. Ravindra Bhat
- Kerala High Court: Chief Justice Hrishikesh Roy
The Supreme Court vacancies had increased its judicial strength from 31 to 34 following the enactment of the Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Bill of 2019.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains:
- Chief Justice of India: J Ranjan Gogoi; Founded: 28th January 1950.
Source: The Hindu