Six grassroots environmental activists received the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize. Known as the Green Nobel Prize, the Goldman Prize honors environmental activists from each of the six continental regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Central America and South America, Africa and islands and island nations.
The winners of the award are-
- Alfred Brownell, Liberia
- Bayarjargal Agvaantseren, Mongolia
- Ana Colovic Lesoska, North Macedonia
- Jacqueline Evans, Cook Islands
- Alberto Curamil, Chile
- Linda Garcia, United States
Static/Current Takeaways Important for LIC AAO Exam:
- The Prize was established by late philanthropists and civic leaders, Rhoda and Richard Goldman in 1989 in San Francisco, California to celebrate grassroots environmentalists.