Government Approved Proposal To Increase Wages Of Artisans By Over 36%

The Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) approved a proposal by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to increase the wages of artisans by over 36%. Out of this 30%, 40% goes to artisans as wage incentives and the remaining 60% goes to the Khadi institutions. 
With this, the wages will be increased from Rs 5.50 per hank previously to Rs 7.50 per hank. This proposal for an increase in wages to Khadi spinners, along with payment of government subsidy Modified Market Development Assistance (MMDA), will be implemented.

Source- Hindustan Times

Static/Current Takeaways Important for Indian Bank PO Exam 2018- 
  • Giriraj Singh is the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. 

Download success!

Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *